Ways to use retired Designer Series Paper





Most of my local customers know that I hoard things. I have paper from when I started crafting, some of it's quite atrocious. It needed to go yet I cannot bear to throw away anything that can be used in another way or by someone else. It annoys my husband to no end. He would just rather throw it away. I have brads, buttons, eyelets, ribbon, twine, and beads. I still have Micro Beads. I have flower shaped eyelets. I have oval eyelets. I have eyelets and ribbon in colors that Stampin' Up! hasn't carried since the last color change. So I have Mauve Mist and Forest Foliage. So back to my point. I took retired DSP (Designer Series Paper) and used it to revamp a drawer in my kitchen. The drawer used to have nasty old shelf paper in it. Now it's lined with the retired DSP from last year's Sale-A- Bration. I measured the drawer, cut the paper to fit with a little bit of overlap, stuck it into the drawer with Dotto (a temporary adhesive that's so super easy to use), and covered it with clear contact paper. I used the Decor Element applicator to smooth out the bumps. It was quick and easy. It only took me about 15 minutes to put it all together. The longest steps were measuring and cutting. Since I used the Dotto it will come up easily when I'm ready to change. The clear contact paper makes it easy to wipe the drawer clean. It also protects the paper. I'm going to try this technique out in other areas. I have lots of drawers that need refreshing. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Any size card

VC_rocks Blog hop- Hostess Gifts and other non-card projects

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Punches and Big Shot