Friday, April 18, 2008
Monday, April 14, 2008
As a Stampin' Up! demo I often hear the phrase " I don't make cards". I didn't used to make them either. I make them now but that doesn't mean I've stopped scrapping. Quite the opposite. I take advantage of all the ways SU has made my scrappin experience better.
- All the colors match, blend and coordinate well. I will never again spend hours at the store looking for the perfect color to match whatever. Designer papers, cardstock, ribbons, even things such as brads and eyelets.....they all match....exactly...it's awesome!
- No more buying 3 sets of letters so that I have enough E's (or L's, S's, T's...etc). Yes, I have to admit, the initial payout is more but then I have those letters forever.
- 2 words- Simply Scrappin'. These kits are awesome. They come with matching heavy double-sided paper, textured cardstock, and repositionable stickers. There's enough to make 4-5 pages plus I always have some left to make some of those cards I make now. The "Celebrate You" page is made from a kit. Rose Cottage on page 174 of the Spring/Summer 2008 catalog. http://catalogs.shoplocal.com/stampinup/index.aspx?pagename=shopmain&fsid=f7f58c7a-d1fb-4da4-8079-a60ec9b23bf1&storeid=1038724&circularid=12339 The edge was made by punching the photo corner punch in a long row.
- Entire sets of stamps that match as well. So I can use one of the set to make the background, another to make page accents. The "Best Cat Friends" page is made from the Embrace Life set. I added the flowers from the Three for You punch box as well.
- Punches that match the stamps and make great accents too. The "Wanted-One Cute Kid" page uses the stamp and the small star punch.
- It's still very personal. Whether I'm using my stamps, just paper or a kit. SU also offers great embellishments like ribbons, brads, flowers, etc. Whatever your mood or your style.