Black and White with a Splash

I just finished a swap. Basically I trade card ideas with other demos. We all get great ideas so we can share them with other demos and our customers. This swap's requirements were to use only back and white or vanilla for cardstock and ink. Then you added a splash of color. The color could only be an embellishment. An embellishment is a little something extra. So a button, brad or ribbon would be one. Also colored embossing powder, baker's twine (one of my new favorite things) and gems. These really bring your cards to life. You don't get these things on a card from the store.

Cards from the store are single layer and don't have much of a pop. They are usable, yes but not something you want to save other than to remember the moment it celebrates or the person that sent it to you. Handmade cards are different. You want to cherish these a little longer. My mother-in-law had several cards displayed on a wall in her bedroom. She loved that I made cards just for her and in the colors she loved. A customer of mine has a photo frame full of her favorite cards from everyone. Not one of those came from a store. They were all handmade by her friends and family and some by me, her demonstrator.


So, back to my swap. I made 2 because I like to get more samples to show off and CASE (Copy And Share with Everyone). Also because I had 2 ideas and wanted to use them both.

Card #1 features the Artistic Etchings set and the Eiffel Tower. I used Tempting Turquoise embossing powder for my splash of color accents. I also used the Tempting Turquoise brads from the Brights brads collection. I'm all out of turquoise brads now. I must replace them. (Brights Brads- item # 119740 $6.95 for preferred  customer cost)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Any size card

VC_rocks Blog hop- Hostess Gifts and other non-card projects

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Punches and Big Shot