Interlocking Gate Fold Card- Free Tutorial




I'm really enjoying this new card technique. I saw a card months ago that was an owl in a tree on Dawn Olchefsk's blog. I then took the idea and went with it and now love the idea of an interlocking card with a gate fold. Here's the full finished card, unopened so you can see the final look.



To make this card you just need to use your Big Shot and the Scallop Oval frame Bigz die. I cut the 2 pieces in 2 different colors so that I can stamp in the center. You don't have to use Very Vanilla or Whisper white. You can use anything you want. Here's the card partially open so you can see how it works.



After stamping my base, I scored it and folded the gate fold. Then I stamped my center piece and attached Dimensionals on one 1/2 of the oval, lined it up on one side of the gate and adhered it. Here's the oval and the opened card so you can see what I mean.


After the oval is attached. I then add dimensionals to one half of the scallop frame. I cut mine in half because of the size of the frame so they don't poke out. Nobody wants to see those from the front. They just want cute cards :) I then line up the side without the dimensionals around the oval so it matches exactly the way I want it to. Then I adhere the sticky side to the other side of the gate fold. Here is the frame open. You might be able to see the Dimensionals if you look closely. This technique is easy once you got the basics down.

Comments

PCM said…
June,
This is awesome. I don't think I have seen this before - but very nicely done. TFS

Popular posts from this blog

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Any size card

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Punches and Big Shot

VC_rocks Blog hop- Hostess Gifts and other non-card projects