The Weather Outside.....


....is frightful. I'd love to show you some pictures but, as it turns out, I cannot. It seems that one of my memory cards has a teeny chip out of its plastic and it's stuck in the back of my card reader. So, even though I took pictures of the weather and of this lovely technique I'm about to share, I cannot share the pictures today. My hubby has said he will come home from work tomorrow and take it apart so I can use it again. In the meantime, I will try to describe this technique in a way so that you can try it out and get your own pictures.

I'm not sure what to call this technique. Maybe double inking. Maybe marker plus. Maybe one of you will come up with a good name. Now we've done several techniques with markers recently. We've selected only a portion of the stamp and have inked it with marker. We've 'thumped', we've edged, and we've dotted. Today we are enhancing. Maybe that's the name.....Marker Enhancing.

To do this pick a stamp with both bold and fine lines. I used the larger snowflake with the curly lines from 'Snow Swirled' on page 40 of the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog (the IBC). It's $24.95 and is only available in Wood Mount. #111690



I inked it first in Bashful Blue and then I used the Night of Navy marker to highlight the dots on the edges and the star in the center. I stamped it on Whisper White (WW) and it was beautiful. Then I added a few dots of our Tombo multi glue and added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter. I added some ribbon and mounted it on a Night of Navy background and onto WW again.

Have fun Stamping!

******Edit******

Card reader is fixed. So here are the pictures :)







Isn't the snowflake beautiful? I love it. I have to go and try some other stamps and colors very soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Any size card

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Punches and Big Shot

VC_rocks Blog hop- Hostess Gifts and other non-card projects