I don’t know if you’ve heard or not, but we’re involved in some promotions to help the Haitians who have been devastated by the earthquake last week. In addition to donating portions of the proceeds from the sale of a certain stamp set depending on each market, Stampin’ Up! bought some supplies for 5,000 hygiene kits. A few of our vendors also donated supplies for the kits as well.



We invited our employees to help assemble the kits over the next few days, and apparently the response was so enthusiastic that they got all the kits assembled in one day! I felt badly when I found out—I was working from home today and planned on helping assemble the kits later this week.





But when I opened the pictures they sent me from the home office, I admit that I teared up a bit and my heart almost burst. My disappointment at not being able to work side by side with others in this good cause was offset by the tremendous sense of pride I felt to be associated with people who are so willing to help out in any way possible.



It’s only fitting that one of these pictures shows our own Stampin’ Up! president Dale Fillmore, because the idea for the kits was his. Like so many of our Stampin’ Up! employees, demonstrators, and customers, he was looking for a way to help that would truly be beneficial.

We are excited to get these kits shipped off as quickly as possible; we are working through an organization that is already recognized and involved in the relief efforts. And our thoughts and prayers are with the innocent people who have been so devastated by this terrible event.

Posted on Wednesday, January 20, 2010 at 08:32PM by Shelli | 38 Comments

That was a post on Shelli's blog. Shelli is the CEO for Stampin' Up! She's the lady standing next to me in my picture. I'm so proud to work for a company that doesn't just throw money at a cause but does so much more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Any size card

VC_rocks Blog hop- Hostess Gifts and other non-card projects

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Punches and Big Shot