Packed For Birthday


The 2012 Occasions Mini has lots of fun new stamps. One of the new sets has 4 stamps in it. You can buy them one at a time or two. If you want three, then you get the whole set. The set price is equal to buy 3, get one free. That's an offer you shouldn't pass up. Each stamp is called 'Packed for.... and there's birthday, Mom, Dad, and Baby. I have the whole set but today I'm just going to showcase 'Packed For Birthday'. The stamp has a wide variety of things that you may see at a birthday and can be used quickly to stamp a fast card or it can be used to give a more detailed card or scrapbook element. The first image showcases the stamp and all the cool stuff on it: cake slice, party hat, pinata, streamers, candy, banner, etc. In figure 1, I selected an image from the stamp that I want to use instead of the whole stamp.

Figure 2 shows how the image looks all on its own.






In the following pictures (figures 4 and 5) I've added more images and also some color. I used our markers to color the banner and the pinata. I colored the grass with Old Olive and used Baja Breeze and Tangerine Tango for the pinata and banner.







After I got all the coloring in that I wanted, I asked my DD for a white crayon. She said, "Here you go, mom. I wasn't using this anyways". See, I knew it. I colored in the areas I wanted to keep white and also the areas I had colored and wanted to keep the colors. Then I sponged the whole thing with Baja Breeze. I used a paper towel to wipe down the card to remove excess ink for the crayon colored areas. This is how it turned out(Figure 6).




I used our mat pack and paper piercer to poke holes for  brads. I used the pumpkin pie from the brights collection. Then I finished the card and stamped the inside. It's all ready to send to the next person on my birthday list.





Supplies Used for today's Pinata card

  • Packed for Birthday- (Wood only-125672- $9.95) Packed for everything set of 4- $29.95-127337
  • Gnome Sweet Gnome Set of 12 (W- 126535: $27.95) (C-126537: $21.95)
  • SU marker- Early Espresso
  • SU marker- Baja Breeze
  • SU marker- Tangerine Tango
  • SU marker- Old Olive
  • Classic Ink Pad- Baja Breeze
  • Brights Brads
  • Paper Piercer
  • Mat Pack
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Baja Breeze cardstock
  • Tangerine Tango cardstock
  • Pacific Point cardstock
  • adhesive
  • white crayon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Any size card

VC_rocks Blog hop- Hostess Gifts and other non-card projects

VC_Rocks Blog Hop- Punches and Big Shot